Protecting Your Teeth During Orthodontic Treatment
Why Do Teeth Need Protection During Orthodontic Treatment?Have you ever seen someone with a straight, post-braces smile who also has distracting white spots that mar the beautiful result? It’s called decalcification, and it happens as a result of acids and plaque sitting on teeth too long during orthodontic treatment. Here at Queens Long Island Dental Care, we know how important your smile is, and that’s why we have something that helps with decalcification.
How Queens Long Island Dental Care Helps: Opal Seal Protects Teeth From DecalcificationOpal Seal is a sealant and primer in one. It helps us prime your teeth for brackets to keep them firmly in place. At the same time, it acts as a seal to protect your teeth from decalcification and decay. Opal Seal also reinforces your enamel by releasing fluoride. It lasts several months and can be reapplied when necessary. Not only is Opal Seal good for patients of all ages, but here are some of the other reasons why we use it:
- Application is totally pain-free.
- Provides protection that is invisible to the naked eye.
- Doesn’t turn yellow and is stain-resistant.
- The drying agent seeks out moisture and draws resin in, ensuring superior bonding and fluoride uptake.
- Fluorescent properties make reapplication and removal easy and convenient.
- When combined with proper oral hygiene, Opal Seal helps you keep a bright and healthy smile.